If you’re like most business owners you fall into one of the following two groups:
A) You know you need a website, but you just haven’t had the time or money to make it happen, or
B) You have a website, but you know it’s not what it should be and you’re constantly making excuses for it.
If you’re in either one of these groups WordPress is the solution to your perennial website problem.
Here are the top reasons why you should use wordpress to run your website.
1. Easy to setup, manage, and update. You don’t need to be an Internet expert or an HTML coder to use it. All you need is an internet connection and a web browser to create your website. If you’re reading this article you already have everything you need to get started. All you need to do is signup for our custom WordPress hosting plan which includes WordPress installed for you. Our hosting is the perfect starting point for any small business. Should you require our team to create your website for you just let us know and we will be happy to provide you a quote based on your requirements.
2. Good for both your blog and your website. It’s true that it started out as a blogging system, but that was ages ago. Over the years WordPress has evolved into a full-featured web content management system also called a CMS. That means you can use it to manage your whole website, not just your blog. Of course if you just want to blog, you can use it that way too.
3. Plugins add features to your website without having to hire a developer. WordPress was designed to be extended and that’s what programmers around the world have done. There are thousands of wordpress plugins available that add functionality to wordpress so whether you need a contact form or would like to sell products, there are plugins for all your needs
4. It’s mobile ready. If you assume your customers are visiting your website from a full-sized computer, think again. Mobile website usage is exploding. If your website doesn’t look great and work well on a smartphone or tablet your customers will skip your site and go somewhere else. Many themes are designed to be responsive (aka mobile-friendly), meaning your customers won’t be challenged to use your website on their smartphones. And the WordPress dashboard is designed to work on smartphones as well as full-sized PCs — so you can easily manage your website from anywhere. All themes that Mexxus uses to create your website are responsive.
5. Open source. Unlike other website building tools WordPress is open source and free from commercial restrictions and limitations. This means you can use the software anyway you like without fear that changes in someone else’s business model will have an adverse impact on your business assets.
When you choose to use wordpress you have complete control over your website. As a business owner that may be the ultimate reason to use wordpress.